That's right sports fans, today and tomorrow I am meeting with my classes for the last time before finals begin. I still feel stressed! There is no reason to be stressed this week: I am not teaching anything, I have done all of the good I can possibly do for their adolescent brains, and I will not be teaching them ever again! And yet, my man had to talk me through a string of anxiety-ridden topics yesterday before I could calm down enough to brush my teeth. (I don't mean that I need to be especially calm to brush my teeth. That's just what I do before I go to bed.) What is my problem? Why can't I relax? I feel very angry with myself when I think that I might already be getting stressed about next year. Chill out, me!
The mister thinks it might be wedding planning too, encroaching on my anxiety hideouts now that teaching stress has subsided. But mostly I am just excited about wedding stuff.
!
One last thing before I go back to grading: my annoyance with the incorrect pronoun usage on facebook has reached a critical mass. It's Paul's birthday? No I do not want to write on their wall! I understand that this is a difficult problem to fix, because FB officials can't very well start saying "his/her" without totally undermining the sentiment of community they have so carefully constructed. But maybe it could just read: "It's Paul's birthday. Write on Paul's wall?"
I know you are weary, but we all must live within the confines of good grammar.
No comments:
Post a Comment